It’s December, it’s almost Christmas, it’s cold enough to cuddle with blankets, so you best believe that I will be watching my Christmas movies with pleasure!
So grab your own blanket, slip on those fuzzy socks, pop the corn, and take a seat with me. Take a vote and tell me below which of these five is your favorite!
5. 1970s Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Yea the animation can be a little unsettling at times, but it is a classic and it automatically transports me to my childhood)
4. 2003 ELF (I’m not always a fan of Will Ferrell, but he nailed this role!) Plus, Buddy is pretty much a modern-day Rudolph (the comparisons are solid, trust me, I did the analysis).
3. 1990 Home Alone (Yes, he is a total brat in the beginning who needs a good spanking, but you gotta love his ingenious booby-traps and the humor. Plus, he learns his lesson! Kind of…)
2. 2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas (I swear this is one of Jim Carrey’s finest roles! I usually watch this movie multiple times during the holiday season. Plus, you have to enjoy the humor snuck in there just for the adults.)
1. 1994 The Santa Clause with Tim Allen
By far, this is the best Christmas movie. When I imagine “Santa Clause,” Tim Allen is the only face I see. For all I am concerned, he IS Santa Clause. It deals with real life issues like divorce, it has holiday joy, it has snarky sarcasm, and it leaves me with a happy feeling inside.