Thank you to Shruti Ohri for this kind nomination! Shruti blogs about writing, photography, and emotion. It is a beautiful blog and her most recent series of black-and-white photos are wonderfully captured. I suggest you guys stopping by!
The Liebster Award is all about nominating followers who are near and dear to one’s heart and/or who have recently supported one’s blog. So here we go:
Here are the rules for all those who will be receiving this award if they choose to accept and nominate others:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, link their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
The Questions Shruti asked me:
Q1. If you could wake up as someone/something else for a day, who/what would it be? Why?
- I don’t know if I would, I like who I am, so I wouldn’t change into another person. It might be fun to be a dolphin for a day and see if there really are mermaids in the sea.
Q2. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- I would take out the sin and the evil, or I would wish that everyone would know how much God loves them.
Q3. What does writing mean to you?
- Writing is my life, it has always been my life. Yes, other things such as God and my family will come first, but writing just comes so naturally. I need to write, I want to write. When I write, I can loose myself in the words (even if they’re not very good)
Q4. How did you start blogging?
- I was signed with a publishing house to publish my non-fiction book in late 2018. However, I was advised that even though I had signed with a publishing house, I would still most likely be responsible for promoting myself and my work. Therefore, I decided that I needed a platform. After all, why should anyone read my work? A first time author? My hope through blogging is to establish myself as an author and a poet. That people will see my worth and actually want to read my works. What I did not expect was this wonderful community. Blogging is much more than a simple platform for promoting my work, it is a place for me to grow and to encourage the growth in others.
Q5. What other interests do you have?
- I absolutely LOVE to sing. I’ve been told that I am good, I know that I am decent, but I also know there are others who are much better than me. I was thinking about auditioning for the Voice just for the fun of it.
Q6. Do you have any dream destination? If yes, where is it and why?
- I would love to visit Kauai for a honeymoon and I absolutely adore the mountains for small escapes from reality.
Q7. Give yourself a caption.
- Oy, with the poodles already!
Q8. Do you have any favourite writers or poets? Who are they?
- Oh goodness, this is a hard one. As any author knows, there are boundless of wonderful influences out there. Right now I particularly love Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling. (Too cliche?)
Q9. Do you have a favourite book or book series? What is it?
- Again, you’re killing me! Picking favorite books is like picking your favorite child, you’re not supposed to have one! But. . .
- Probably The Hunger Games series, the Harry Potter series, the City of Bones series, and the Clockwork Angel series.
Q10. Do you have a favourite phrase/tagline/quote? If yes, what is it?
- Write, live life, drink tea, repeat.
T. Shaw (Writer): T. Shaw is a personal friend of mine who just recently began blogging. She has an excellent way of weaving stories into her blogmas posts. I highly suggest you go check her out!
RayNotBradbury: A recent follower who has showered some support on my blog! Thanks Ray!
Dreamer’s Outlet: Another recent follower who supports my blog! Currently, she’s got some great posts on blogmas
Shawn Robinson: A very recent follower of mine who has some great stuff on self-publishing on his blog page.
Danielle K: While I usually follow other writers, Danielle’s blog is filled with adorable kid and mommy fashion! Thanks for the recent support Danielle
My First FIVE Followers: Thank you for being with me from the very beginning!
Tess M. Garfield: Stories from the Heart
Claire Yang: Author and Poet
Lindsay: Blogger enthusiast
Marcus Hackeny: Classic Thoughts
SaltandNovels: author of “The Ways We Follow”
Questions for My Nominees:
- What is your ultimate goal that you want to accomplish through blogging? Fame? Money? Renown? Community? Catharsis?
2. What is your favorite Christmas memory/tradition?
3. Are you participating in Blogmas this year? If so, what is your favorite post so far? If not, why not?
4. How long have you been blogging? Why do you continue to blog?
5. Do you prefer live Christmas trees or fake Christmas trees? Why?
6. What is a unique experience that you’ve had in the past year or two?
7. Tea or coffee? And if tea, what kind? If coffee, what brew/flavor?
8. Where will you be on Christmas Eve and what will you be doing?
9. If you could have any one superpower what would you choose? Why?
10. If you could change your life, would you? How? Why or why not?