Hello Everyone, it’s time to do this again!
Are you a poet? Do you enjoy writing poems until your heart is sore or until it soars?
I’ve held a poetry contest once before and I absolutely adored it! It was a blast and I got to meet tons of amazing poets and bloggers. For my current followers, you may have noticed an influx of poetry appearing on my own blog lately. What can I say, it’s simply flowing out of me! Anyhow, I am so excited to hold an “End of Summer Poetry Contest.” Unlike my first Poetry Contest, this contest is themed!
*Please be sure to read all of the rules, otherwise your poem may not be eligible!*
- To be eligible for this competition you must be subscribed to my page (i.e. following and receiving emails.) Not subscribed yet? No worries! Go to my home screen and click FOLLOW (I’ll receive a notification when you do :D)
- Leave your poem or a link to your chosen poem in the comments below.
- Your poem must be summer-themed! It does not have to be happy or beach or bright, but it does need to have some connection to summer. (A dark summer theme might be interesting)
- I will be using a point system to chose the winner:
- You will receive 5 points automatically for subscribing (everyone must subscribe to be eligible)
- You will receive another 2 points for sharing the contest on your your own blog and linking back
- Your poem will be rated on a 1-10 scale based on creativity, structure, content, and overall awesomeness.
- Technically someone can still win without sharing my contest, but sharing/ reblogging would provide additional points for any poems that are tied.
- Because of the expected high volume of submissions, please keep your poem at a reasonable length. For sure no poems longer than a page. If you have any questions regarding length, feel free to ask in the comment section!
- You can only submit one poem per blogger.
- Last date for submissions is August 31st!
- The WINNER of this poetry competition will received two things
- First, the winner of this contest will receive a $10 cash prize! (I know, I know, it’s not much but come on, you guys are fellow bloggers/writers/poets. Your empty bank accounts probably look a lot like mine). This $10 cash prize can only be awarded through PayPal, so please keep that in mind.
- Second, their poem and their blog/bio will be featured on my site. I currently have over 1.4K followers. This will be a great chance for my followers to catch a glimpse of you and your blog!