Between the months of May – August, I am considering hiring myself out as a Blogging Mentor or a Writing Coach.
As my book will be in the publisher’s hands and I won’t be teaching during the summer, I will have very little to do except twiddle my fingers (and plan a wedding of course, ha!). If you know me at all, you know I want to be productive!
So I am consider working as a Blogging Mentor or a Writing Coach, but I’m trying to determine if the interest is really there or not. Here is a brief summary of what each is:
A Blogging Mentor – “Reaching 1,000 Followers in 6 Months”
- Primarily directed at first-time bloggers or for those with under 150 followers. For a one time payment of $25, I will come alongside a first time blogger and
- Help them set-up their blogging website (appearance)
- Help categorize their menu bar and ease of navigation (Organization
- Direct them in Necessary Blog pages (About Me, Contact, Etc.)
- Help them discover their blog identity
- Give them one-on-one advice on how to increase their blogging potential
- Offer tips and tricks on how to garner followers
- Be available for questions and concerns in the following weeks of setting up their blog
A Writing Coach – “Writing a Book Publishers Want to Sell”
- Directed toward all aspiring writers of fiction, non-fiction, etc.
- As a personal writing coach, I will become your go-to BETA reader.
- We will explore the ins-and-outs of your book, expanding and improving where necessary
- We will decide and stick to writing goals
- While I am not an Editing Coach, I will be able to help with re-occuring grammar issues that distract from the novel
- Offer Personal encouragement and advice
- Tips and Tricks on how to speak to publishing houses
- Cost depends on word count at approximately $.07cents per word (a 75,000 word novel would cost approximately $5,000)
- Authors do not have to do the whole book, they can try one chapter and see if my feedback is useful! (A 1,000 word chapter would be approx. $70)
- I would offer different packages.