Contest is NOW closed, thank you! I will be holding another contest in a couple months 😁
Are you a poet? Do you enjoy writing poems until your heart is sore or until it soars?
Well, I happen to LOVE reading poetry so I would like to hold a poetry contest! Read the rules and prizes below!
- To be eligible for this competition you must be subscribed to my page (i.e. following and receiving emails.) Not subscribed yet? No worries! Go to my home screen and click FOLLOW (I’ll receive a notification when you do :D)
- Leave your poem or a link to your chosen poem in the comments below.
- I will be using a point system to chose the winner:
- You will receive 5 points automatically for subscribing (everyone must subscribe to be eligible)
- You will receive another 2 points for sharing the contest on your your own blog and linking back
- Your poem will be rated on a 1-10 scale based on creativity, structure, content, and overall awesomeness. While we are near the holidays, you do not have to write a holiday poem (although you are welcome too as well!)
- Technically someone can still win without sharing my contest, but sharing would provide additional points for any poems that are tied.
- Because of the expected high volume of submissions, please keep your poem at a reasonable length. For sure no poems 3 pages +. If you have any questions regarding length, feel free to ask in the comment section!
- You can only submit one poem per blogger.
- Last date for submissions is November 20th!
- The WINNER of this poetry competition will received two things
- FIRST, their poem and their blog/bio will be featured on my site. This will be a great chance for you to get some publicity on another blogger’s site.
- SECOND, they will receive a copy of The Dazed Starling. This journal contains poetry and short stories (one of which is mine!)
So get writing, because I cannot wait to start reading!